Thank you for your interest in joining CSEB! Annual membership is from April 1 to March 31. All memberships processed after January 1, 2013 will be in effect until March 31, 2014.
Join or Renew
On-line Membership Registration is available on our high security web site.
Fill out the registration form and proceed with your payment by credit card or ask for an invoice.
Full Member: Membership is open to all persons who have interest or actively participate in the fields of epidemiology and biostatistics.
Student Member: Student Membership is open to all persons currently enrolled in a full-time program of study.
Annual Membership Fees
Full member: $80.00 + HST
Student member: $30.00 + HST
- Discount (60%) on Joint Membership with the International Epidemiological Association, which includes an online subscription of the International Journal of Epidemiology (IJE)
- Discounts on purchases with book publishers:
- CRC Press (20%); and,
- Springer Publishing Company (20% + free shipping).
Conferences, Workshops, Webinars and Online Courses
- CSEB biennial conferences: reduced registration for members and financial travel assistance for students (subject to application acceptance and available funding);
- Joint conferences with other related Societies;
- Representation in planning the North American Congress of Epidemiology;
- Significantly reduced webinar and online course registration fees; and,
- Opportunities to deliver CSEB-sponsored webinars and workshops.
Keeping You Informed
- Interactive web site including password-protected members-only section
- Access to information via social media outlets including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and podcasts
- Publication of the biannual CSEB newsletter “The Bulletin”;
- Publication of monthly e-broadcasts;
- Early notification of conferences and their calls for abstracts;
- Links to websites for Canadian health statistics and reports;
- Information on continuing education opportunities;
- Current list of upcoming events and conferences; and,
- Networking opportunities via the CSEB members-only directory.
- On-line access to job postings; and,
- On-line access to a Sample Career Job Bank.
- Recognition awards for contributions to the Society and to the fields of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- Assistance in developing webinars, workshops and conference presentation; and,
- Assistance in the use of social media (YouTube, Twitter, Podcasts, Facebook).
- Advancing matters of concern to the epidemiology and biostatistics community in Canada and internationally.
- Networking opportunities;
- Annual National Student Conferences;
- Support for Epidemiology and Biostatistics student-sponsored workshops;
- Travel stipends for conferences; and,
- Student representation on Board of Directors.
Professional Identity, Cohesion and Engagement
- Collegiality through a recognized group to address matters of concern to epidemiologists and biostatisticians;
- An informed and independent voice for epidemiology and biostatistics in Canada;
- Certificate of membership to enhance the visibility of the profession; and,
- Volunteer opportunities on the CSEB Board of Directors.
For more information on the Society, please contact:
1485 Laperriere Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7S8
Tel: (613) 728-5898
Fax (613) 729-6206