Thank you for your interest in joining/renewing your membership to the CSEB!
There are many benefits of becoming a CSEB membership including regular communications regarding important events, job postings, and professional development opportunities. In addition, members receive discounts to participate in CSEB conferences, workshops, and online courses/webinars. Further, student members have priority access to travel bursaries to attend CSEB conferences. Scroll down for a full listing of all CSEB benefits.
Membership Categories and Fees
HST = Ontario harmonized sales tax of 13%
*Student status awarded to any of the following:
- Individual is currently enrolled full-time at a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Individual holds a post-doctoral fellowship at a recognized post-secondary institution; or
- Individual has recently (within the last year) graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Proof of student status may be required.
Important Notice Regarding 2014-15 Memberships (Registrations between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014):
- Annual memberships expire on March 31, 2015.
- 2-year memberships expire on March 31, 2016.
- 3-year memberships expire on March 31, 2017.
- Lifetime memberships never expire.
How to Join or Renew
Starting on January 1, 2015, all new memberships will start on the date in which you complete registration (when payment is received). The new membership registration system was launched by January 14, 2015. Current or previous member are asked to create a new account.
Please use this link to create your new account, register your membership, or modify your profile*:
*To modify your profile, you must provide your email address and reference number from your membership confirmation. If you do not have your reference number, click here.
The CSEB Membership Committee actively negotiates with organizations and companies to obtain discounts and other benefits for the CSEB membership. New benefits will be posted to this webpage once they are in effect.
- Networking opportunities;
- Annual National Student Conferences;
- Support for Epidemiology and Biostatistics student-sponsored workshops;
- Travel stipends for conferences; and,
- Student representation on Board of Directors.
- Discount (60%) on Joint Membership with the International Epidemiological Association, which includes an online subscription of the International Journal of Epidemiology (IJE)
Professional Identity, Cohesion and Engagement
- Collegiality through a recognized group to address matters of concern to epidemiologists and biostatisticians;
- An informed and independent voice for epidemiology and biostatistics in Canada;
- Certificate of membership to enhance the visibility of the profession; and,
- Volunteer opportunities on the CSEB Board of Directors.
- Recognition awards for contributions to the Society and to the fields of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
Conferences, Workshops, Webinars and Online Courses
- CSEB biennial conferences: reduced registration for members and financial travel assistance for students (subject to application acceptance and available funding);
- Joint conferences with other related Societies;
- Representation in planning the North American Congress of Epidemiology;
- Significantly reduced webinar and online course registration fees; and,
- Opportunities to deliver CSEB-sponsored webinars and workshops.
- Assistance in developing webinars, workshops and conference presentation;
- Assistance in the use of social media (YouTube, Twitter, Podcasts, Facebook);
- Assistance in the development and implementation of online meetings and medium to large group collaborations using GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting; and
- Access to CSEB’s GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting account to set-up an online meeting with up to 100 participants.
Keeping You Informed
- Publication of monthly e-broadcasts that include current events, conferences, job postings, and funding opportunities;
- Access to information via social media outlets including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and podcasts; and
- Networking opportunities.
- Advancing matters of concern to the epidemiology and biostatistics community in Canada and internationally. The CSEB is a member organization of the International Joint Policy Committee of the Societies of Epidemiology (https://www.ijpc-se.org).
Video: Dr. Karen Campbell, Chair, Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario (UWO), Talks About The Value Of CSEB Membership